Thanksgiving in February
by Lena Katenda
No, I am not too late to celebrate and Yes, I know that those who do celebrate the holiday of Thanksgiving do so in November.
Having just been through the whirlwind called January 2017, I think it is appropriate to pause and document all that we are thankful for.
The Storehouse functions in the space of giving, but we would not be able to do so if it were not for the following people:
- Seeing that it is February, the month of love, we want to be the first to declare that we love each and every one of our amazing VOLUNTEERS! They give so much of their time and energy to serve in obscurity, sorting, folding, ironing, packing… Every parcel handed out bears the fingerprints of one or more of our team of thirteen ladies.
- We thank God for COMMUNITY – the people who first open their hearts to the needy and follow it up by opening their cupboards to give of their stuff. Every clothing item or essential household item donated finds a home with someone in desperate need. In the past year, 4345 parcels were prepared and distributed.
- Our Storeroom at Hatfield Christian Church – It may not be huge, but it is a home-base from which we operate.
- A big Thank You to our network of partner ministries who keep us connected to where the need is. You are doing amazing work. May this year exceed your biggest expectations and may you see all you needs met.
- To the recipients of our gifts, thank you for your vulnerability and for allowing us the privilege of being a part of God stepping into your situation.
So, yes, it is only February, but our list of people that we are grateful for is growing in leaps and bounds. Be encouraged to start your own list and tackle the rest of 2017 with an Attitude of Gratitude.